Local Austin Businesses Stepping Up for Hurricane Harvey Relief
In the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey’s record-breaking destruction, citizens and business across Texas are continuing to band together to provide support for the countless individuals who have suffered great losses due to the storm. Take a peak at Austin 360's list below to see some of the Austin businesses that are collecting donations and raising funds for Hurricane Harvey relief efforts, and how you can participate.
- Alamo Drafthouse: When purchasing movie tickets in the Drafthouse's online store through the end of September, you now have the option to add in a donation to one of several organizations raising funds directly for Hurricane Harvey relief. All ticket proceeds from the Sept. 14th screening of Honky Tonk Heaven will also be donated.
- Coast Bar + Kitchen: $2 from every Poke Bowl sold at the downtown seafood spot will be donated to Harvey relief organizations.
- The Hightower: Antonelli's Cheese Shop and The Hightower are partnering up through the end of Septmember to donate 30% of their Queso Fundido sales to the Austin Disaster Relief Network.
- Hopdoddy: For the month of September, all funds raised through their Goodnight/ Good Cause Burger program will benefit Hurricane Harvey relief efforts.
- The Infinite Monkey Theorum: Every Wednesday in September the South Austin winery will be donating 100% of their profits to the recovery fund of Rockport, Texas, which took a direct hit of the eye of the storm.
- Kerbey Lane Cafe: Throughout the month of September, Kerbey Lane is donating $1 from every Crispy Chicken Benedict and Green Chile Mac to the Austin Community Foundation's Central Texas Long-Term Hurricane Recovery Fund.
- Perry's Steakhouse and Grille: Through September 30th, Perry's is donating $5 from it's special discounted menu to JJ Watt's Houston Flood Relief Fund.
- Tiny Pies: $1 for every Texas Two Step pie sold will be donated to the Houston Food Bank.