What IS the stupidest way you've injured yourself?
Bob's heard stories about folks who burned themselves...making cereal. Or who walked right through a really clean sliding glass door. Or nearly torched their apartment in an attempt to see if Splenda was flammable (answer: no. Carpet, however, very much so.) For instance:
"One day, I decided to look at an aerosol hairspray up close and sprayed a substantial amount of hairspray in my eye. I suffered for weeks. Months later, I was telling some friends all about it and grabbed a bottle of hairspray to show them exactly how I did it...and I did it again."
And then there's this :
"It was a Monday. Alarm clock goes off on dresser on other side of room. I climb down from the top bunk and go over to silence it. On the way, I stub my toe on the small space heater in the middle of the room. Hit snooze. Go back. Stub same toe again. Cursing, I kick the heater with my other foot. Break the heater. And my toe. Climb back up the ladder to top bunk. While I have one leg in bed and one on the top rung so that I'm straddling the bed frame, I kid you not, the rung snaps in half. I fell straight down on the bar smashing my nethers. Stunned and in pain, I slowly pivoted sideways and fell off the top bunk. At the last second I reached up and grabbed the frame to slow my fall. This transferred my momentum and I swung sideways like a pendulum and slammed into the wall, dropping the rest of the way to the floor. I lay in a heap stunned and whimpering for a few minutes, and my alarm clock went off again."
And, keeping it simple:
"Sneezed while stretching for cardio-exercise. Pulled a leg muscle."
If you've sustained an injury in a very dumb way, take heart. The folks in this story have done way worse.